(Tsing Hua Journal of Educational Research)
- The Tsing Hua Journal of Educational Research (herein after “the Journal”) is dedicated to the publication of original research. Submissions from all relevant fields of study are welcomed year-round.
- Article types
(1) Original Article: Original articles welcome the original academic research result papers. The manuscripts are about 20,000 words. Teaching handouts, full-length theses/dissertations, and reports of further studies and research programs are not within the scope of our publication.
(2) Scholarly Commentary: Scholarly commentaries focus on the paper presentation of the developing up-to-date issues or ongoing research. in one of following four forms: (a) results of literature review; (b) presentation of specific solutions and research methods; (c) concept discussion of study issue; (d) discussion of preliminary or major research results. The manuscript should not exceed 20,000 words.
(3) Colloquium: Colloquiums cover conducting systematic analysis and comments of current educational events or research topics
(4) Review: Review of the latest five years of published books or papers in education.
- Submission and Publication:
- The Journal accepts submissions of manuscripts year-round. All manuscripts are subject to a peer-review process upon receipt. The results of the review shall be given to the contributor within three months of the submission date.
- The contributors are required to submit the manuscript by mailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org, alongside one hard copy of the Contributor Information Form, Contributor’s Declaration, and Letter of Authorization (all signed), to the editorial board of Tsing Hua Journal of Educational Research (hereinafter “the editorial board”) by post (No. 101, Section 2, Kuang-Fu Road, Hsinchu, Taiwan 30013, R.O.C.).
- The period of publication of approved papers shall be determined by the editorial board according to the needs of the situation.
- The Journal adopts an anonymous peer-review system; each manuscript is reviewed by two experts from the relevant field of study invited by editorial board members. Please refer to the “Manuscript Review Procedure” for detailed instructions.
- The format of the manuscript: Please refer to the “Format and Style Guide” for detailed instructions.
- To ensure anonymity, do not mark the name of the author(s) and affiliated institution(s) in the digital file of the manuscript (all relevant information shall be annotated by the Journal after publication is confirmed).
- The second page of the manuscript should contain the abstract. Chinese and English abstracts are required for manuscripts in Chinese and English. The abstract should include about 250 words/characters and be followed by three to seven keywords. For Chinese manuscripts, the Chinese abstract should be placed before the main body and the English abstract after the main body. The placement of abstracts for English manuscripts should be the opposite of the Chinese layout. Upon approval for publication, the author(s) should include the English translation of any Chinese references.
- Detailed information about the “Manuscript Review Procedure,” “Contributor Information Form,” “Contributor’s Declaration,” “Letter of Authorization,” and “Format and Style Guide” can be found on the website at: /index.php
- Please refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Sixth Edition for the standard format of footnotes, citations, and bibliography.
- Once the manuscript has been accepted by the Journal, the contributor will be issued the “Acceptance of Proof of Publication” and not allowed to change the author(s) and authors order.
- In case of duplicate publication, violation of academic ethics, or copyright infringement, the author(s) are solely responsible for all relevant legal responsibilities. If such a case occurs, the author(s) shall be banned from further publication in the Journal for two years from the date of the incident.
- Correction and Offprints
- Authors are responsible for the correction of information after typesetting is complete. The editorial board is only responsible for correction of the format.
- The Journal shall give the contributor one free copy of the issue of the Journal and the PDF file of the individual article if the contributor’s paper is published.